Welcome back!! Our new teacher Mr. Valentine has done a great job starting this school year off right. To further our program this year we will need the help of all the Ag students, it would be greatly appreciated!
· If your name is on the list to work concession/ fries stand at football or volleyball games you must attend! Unless you have a reasonable excuse for not being able to make it, if so please let Mr. Valentine or a member of the office team know. Volunteers would also be greatly appreciated. Also Mr. Valentine would like to have 1-2 adults helping as well. Upcoming football games will be September 4th and 18th. Remember this will count towards your community service hours.
· September 14th at 7:00pm will be our first FFA meeting, it will be held in the library. All meetings are mandatory for all students if you are not able to make it see Mr. Valentine first thing the morning of the meeting.
· August 31st, September 5th and September 24th are home volleyball games if you are able to volunteer any of these days that would be great.
· Soils and Forestry: The competitions will be starting very soon, if you are interested in joining one of these teams please contact Mr. Valentine ASAP. Practices will be Monday-Wednesday from 5:00-6:00 in the Ag room. The county soils contest will be September 18th and District 10 contest will be September 29th. The forestry county contest will be September 9th and the District 10m contest will be September 14th. If you are participating any of these please bring 5- 10 dollars for lunch.
· CDE (contest) you must be passing all of you classes to participate in any FFA contests.
· National convention: October 28th-30th it will be about $100.00 per student. It’s a great opportunity to step out of your box and learn new leadership skills, plus its super fun.
· We will be selling FFA t-shirts starting August 31st in the Ag room and at all home football games. We are not quite sure on a price yet.
· A buddie list has been made for all Ag students so if you need any help with anything FFA/Ag related please try and see your buddie before you go to Mr. Valentine with it.
We’re looking forward to working with all of you to make this year as fun and successful as possible.
Mr. Valentine and the FFA officer team